Saturday, July 3, 2010

Havalah's fairy party

June is birthday month at our house. First Miriella turning one and then Havalah turning 7. For Havalah's birthday she wanted a fairy tea party. In an attempt to keep costs reasonable we had it at our house in the backyard.
I made a "welcome fairies" sign for out front. I was so happy with it I wanted to leave it up for awhile but Steve took it down a few days after the party.



I hung the favors along the fence in the backyard. I meant to get a picture of all 14 of them - and forgot. I ordered inexpensive wings and tutu's online along with headbands and wands. I bought some fake flowers and hot glued them to the wings to fancy them up a little bit.



I created a photo spot in the corner using some sheers I bought years ago at IKea and some white fairy lights. I cut the leftover paper frommy banner into strips to make more paper chains! Inside I left up all the decorations from Miriella's party and made a new banner that said "Havalah"


Most of the girls that came were Havalah's friends from school. There were a few more that came later but this is most of them. I have to admit - a big part of the reason for buying everyone wings etc. is that I thought it made for cute pictures.

The birthday girl wanted to wear her Tinkerbell dress. She's a big fan of the tinkerbell fairy movie. You can see by her facial expression she's not such a big fan of her mom constantly taking photos.
Our neighbor Hudson made a cameo appearance dressed as a garden gnome. He was "probably" going to do it for free but I offered up $2 to increase the likelihood of it happening. Hudson and his sister Ayla live just up the block from us and we walk home from school with them everyday.





I tried to get photos of each kid at the party - but some liked having their picture taken more than others. I have tons and tons of pictures but just wanted to share a couple of my favorites.






We set up two tables with our fanciest tea party settings. We served finger sandwiches, fruit skewers, cups of popcorn, sugar cookies and thin mints. My new favorite treat is good bread, Nutella and sliced strawberries... It's particularly yummy and decadent on a toasted croissant.



it started to rain a little so we headed inside for cake and some pin the fairy on the flower.






I made a cupcake cake to keep costs down and made my own cupcake liners - but splurged on a tinkerbell candle and little tinkerbell figurines.



Havalah got a lot of great gifts from her friends. I took pictures of her with each gift and the person she got it from instead of writing them down (you know for the thank you cards I am horrible about getting out) but Havalah was just irritated by that and looked irritated - which made her look ungrateful - so i shouldn't have bothered


and a cute photo of my little fairy. I barely saw her during the party but I think she had a good time. She loves being around Havalah and all of her friends. They mostly all like having her around right now but i can foresee them thinking she's a pest in a couple years.

No comments: