Friday, May 7, 2010

America's next top superstar

From time to time we get asked to do things for children's hospital or COTA, or the ALF etc. We've been on tv, in the newspaper, and Havalah's all over the internet but this was the first time she got to do ... a real photoshoot! Usually they just ask me for a photo and I email them a variety and they use whatever one best suits their needs.
So the photoshoot today was for the blood center of Wisconsin - they took pictures all day today of different people and all day yesterday so it wasn't just Havalah - but they were all people who have received blood products and/or organs. My understanding is that they'll be using the photos for various promo materials to advertise Wisconsin's new online donor registry.

Havalah was excited that they even put a little bit of make up on her. I didn't get very many photos and then ones I did take were quick because i was trying to stay out of the way. I saw several of the ones the photographer got and they looked amazing. I'm hoping to get copies of a couple and I'm excited to see how they use them.



they had her standing on top of a table with big lights. Behind her there aresome really pretty windows.





They asked us to bring a prop so we brought her fairy wings and wand. We also brought her American girl doll and 2 other options for outfits - but we didn't end up using them. The whole thing only took about 15 minutes.


Havalah thinks it's cool that her pictures could be on tv or online someplace etc. I think it's pretty cool too - but the real reason we do things like this is that I hope people will see pictures or read Havalah's story and be touched in some way. I like to imagine that someday in someone's moment of tragedy when their loved one is lying in the hospital on life support and the doctors have delivered the news that there is no longer reason for hope and they ask them in that moment of grief - to donate their loved ones organs.... I hope they will remmeber reading about Havalah or seeing her picture and they will say yes.









No comments: